First Rate Checking
The choice of higher balance customers, this account features market interest rates with a limit on the number of transactions allowed each month.
Features and Benefits
- Tiered interest rates based upon collected balance gives customers the ability to earn additional income from higher rates
- Allows a total of 6 withdrawals or transfers per month
- FREE Online Banking
- FREE Bill Pay
- FREE personalized First Rate checks
- Monthly statement with images (electronic statement available with Online Banking)
- Lower interest rates on consumer loans with direct payment. Interest rate reduction of 0.15% per annum on new personal loans with auto debit from First Citizens checking account (subject to credit approval)
- Minimum opening deposit of $7,500.00
- Monthly service charge of $15.00 if daily balance falls below $7,500.00
- Tiered rate structure for earning interest based on daily collected balances
Tier 1: Less than $7,500
Tier 2: $7,500 to less than $25,000
Tier 3: $25,000 to less than $50,000
Tier 4: $50,000 to less than $100,000
Tier 5: $100,000 and above
- Permitted up to 6 withdrawals or transfers per month in any combination as long as you do not exceed the 6 allowed. If you exceed 6 withdrawals or transfers there will be a $5.00 service charge for each additional withdrawal or transfer paid. Examples of withdrawals or transfers would be writing a check, an in person withdrawal, withdrawal or transfer authorized by telephone, First Connection transfer, or an Online Banking transfer, preauthorized withdrawal or transfer to a third party.
- Currently regulatory rules limit the number of preauthorized transfers and preauthorized transfers to a third party, to 6 per month. Exceeding this limitation could result in the reclassification of your account from a savings account to a transactional account. An example of a third party transfer would be a preauthorized debit for payment of an insurance premium. Examples of a preauthorized transfer would be an Online Banking transfer of funds, a First Connection transfer of funds, or an automated transfer of funds to cover an overdraft in a Demand Deposit Account.
- Permitted unlimited ATM withdrawals and transfers with "The Check Connection VISA Check Card". ATM transactions are excluded from the transaction limits mentioned above and are not subject to the service charges for exceeding those limits.