First Citizens National Bank Promotes Education
There is no single issue more relevant to the future of communities we serve than is that of education. Participation in a global economy has placed new, more intense demands on the quality of education we must provide our citizens if America is to continue it's role as a world leader.
Throughout the seven counties served by First Citizens, the effort to improve education is supported in numerous ways.
- First Citizens employees participate in the HOST program, Adult Education, Head Start Program and Partners in Education, supporting the education of pre-school through high school.
- President and CEO Jeffrey D. Agee spearheaded DYER COUNTY PROMISE, a scholarship program for Dyer County High School and Dyersburg High School graduates and funded by both City and County Governments.
- First Citizens National Bank provided the leadership gift in the Dyersburg State Community College Endowment Fund, committing $250 thousand from the bank and $250 thousand from members of its Board of Directors. Total contributions towards this pledge amounted to $562,123.00.
- Since 1985, ten First Citizens Officers/Directors have served as Annual Fund Campaign Chairpersons, leading efforts to raise $5,699,668.00.
- First Citizens supports the University of Tennessee at Martin campus through participation in Capital Campaigns and other worthwhile projects.